Friday 14 August 2020

Prayer of the Theologian

I’m going through some of my old computer files and discovered a prayer I wrote back, it seems, in 2007. I lightly revised some lines before posting today.

Gracious God our Father,
who loved the world by giving your Son
so we might believe;
grant that your Holy Spirit illuminate our hearts and minds
so we may know more clearly those things we struggle to believe,
and more deeply those things we do believe.
May our reflections lead us ever more
to become like your Son, Jesus Christ,
in whose name we pray.
Amen.

Judging by the late-noughties date, I probably wrote this before taking a class of some kind towards the end of my doctoral research. Any good? Heresy of the highest order? Not enough of a dichotomy between heart and mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment