Thursday 26 July 2018

On Alzheimer’s: Susan Elkin’s Blog

My wife’s great uncle (only he probably isn’t my wife’s great uncle; my brain doesn’t compute the complexities of family relations, and so really he’s likely a cousin at some degree of removedness—or not) has developed Alzheimer’s over the past couple of years. His wife, Susan Elkin, a journalist, has been keeping a blog charting his mental state as the disease further embeds itself in his brain and so their lives. Susan is a wonderfully entertaining writer and, as she and her husband are some sort of unspecified relation to me, I thought it high time to publicise her blog. Check it out here.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely intro, Terry. Really pleased that you like it so much. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's no problem, Susan. Glad to publicise.

      Delete
  2. For anyone reading this yearning to know the precise relation: Susan's husband is my mother-in-law's cousin! Thanks to my wife for the clarification. No doubt I'll forget this information in due course.

    ReplyDelete